Fathead & Madseason

Monday, August 13, 2007

Of Bloody Marys and Furniture...

I had the bestest weekend! Did nothing supremely special - yet the weekend itself was SPECIAL. Saturday, Fathead and I finally went to see the latest Harry Potter flick (and noticed that there was not one youngster in the audience! Everyone was a grown up! How cool is that?!?!) I had been promising Fathead a movie for many, many weeks and finally made good on it. It was worth it and was a great flick!

Then Sunday, having no plans - and yes, I have to admit did NOT plan to get the motorcycle out since it has been so friggin' H-O-T!! - we broke out the Bloody Marys fairly early. Yummy! Sitting around, sipping on the straw, munching on the olives, Fathead and I look at each other and say "Hey, let's rearrange the furniture!!" Geez. This became a production - and consumption of several more Bloody Marys ensued. We have some heavy stuff so there was the inevitable finger smashing, grunting, groaning... placement and re-placement of things... "How's that look there? A little more to the left? Your left or my left?" "Ok... lift with your legs, not with your back..." "Bite me!" Fathead made me laugh harder than I've laughed in ages... The deep, cleansing, side splitting laughter that causes you to lose your breath and makes your cheeks hurt... Eventually we finished, were pleased with the results and collapsed onto the sofa to veg out the rest of the afternoon.

Definitely a 5-star weekend!! Note to self: drink Bloody Marys AFTER rearranging furniture next time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've always thought spontaneous furniture rearranging and alcohol go hand in hand!
Glad you had a great weekend. Thankyou SO MUCH for your positive thoughts and prayers for my Dad (BTW-He'll be off the ventilator today). It's been great to get uplifeted by such positive comments after some very long days in the hospital.