Fathead & Madseason

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

175 miles later...


... and I feel like myself again.

Today I had the day off and Sonya needed a new turn signal lense for her bike. So I called the HD dealership in Brunswick, GA but had toyed with going to Daytona(because we hate the local dealership in Jax) to make sure that they had the part in. They assured me that they did.
I took off around 9:25a and headed north on Hwy 17. It was a perfect morning. At one point I had my cruise control set at 65 mph, riding under a canopy of trees with my right leg kicked out and "Magic Carpet Ride" was playing on my MP3 player. It's moments like that that I understand why you don't see motorcycles in front of psychiatrist's offices.

Oh sure, when I got to the dealership they didn't have the right lenses because the chick that told the guy what I needed didn't specify that they were bullet lights so when he called back and said that they had them, well, they didn't have the right lenses. I wasn't even mad. How can you be mad when you have had just an almost perfect ride?? Ended up going into Jax to our mechanic, Rick, and he had them laying around the shop and ended up costing me $5 for two instead of whatever HD costs. Even that was a good experience. Traffic in Jax wasn't bad, I stopped by to see Sonya, and the ride home was uneventful. The only downside to the day was that Sonya wasn't along. I miss seeing her in my mirrors... or better yet, enjoy the view when she's leading!

So, 175 miles to be myself again. It's a win-win situation. I love to ride and it's cheaper than a psychiatrist visit.
- Fathead

No comments: